Links I Like is a collection of blogs, articles and books I’ve come across recently and thought they were worth sharing. Click here for past Links I Like.
- Feeling shame is not repentance.
- Thom Rainer on The stages of a pastor’s ministry. This is true in church planting as well. Makes me excited that I’m moving into Year 6 at Revolution.
- How to fire someone in ministry.
- Matt Walsh on You’re a stay at home mom? What do you do all day? Katie and I hear this a lot and it always blows my mind. Great way of putting it in this blog.
- What Sam Storms wished he had known when he started ministry 40 years ago. Tons of wisdom here for pastors.
- Tim Challies on The porn free family.
- Fat men can’t lead men.
The New Hobbit Trailer
- Dear stay-at-home mom. Here is some truth every stay at home mom needs to hear. There is no greater way to make an impact in your family’s life and future generations than being a stay-at-home mom.
- 4 rules for preachers.
- Charles Stone on 5 ways to get people to pay attention to your sermon.
- Dealing with that post-preaching feeling. Have this feeling every week. Such a helpful post if you preach or how you can pray for your pastor after they preach.
- Thom Rainer on Two big distractions for pastors.
- Do your church start with the why? This is a great question to wrestle with for pastors.
- Justin Holcomb on Sex-trafficking at the super bowl. According to stats, the super bowl is the largest sex-trafficking event in the U.S.
- Churches to watch in 2012.
- Bob Franquiz on 5 factors you need to double this Easter.
- The goal of a leader.
- Brad Lomenick on How to honor your leaders.
- Wal-mart’s wrong headed re-organization. Good leadership advice for pastors.
- Perry Noble on You should probably not date him if. This is great advice for single women.
- How much is a homemaker worth?