- Do your church start with the why? This is a great question to wrestle with for pastors.
- Justin Holcomb on Sex-trafficking at the super bowl. According to stats, the super bowl is the largest sex-trafficking event in the U.S.
- Churches to watch in 2012.
- Bob Franquiz on 5 factors you need to double this Easter.
- The goal of a leader.
- Brad Lomenick on How to honor your leaders.
- Wal-mart’s wrong headed re-organization. Good leadership advice for pastors.
- Perry Noble on You should probably not date him if. This is great advice for single women.
- How much is a homemaker worth?
Jacob’s Story is a mini-documentary about a man that once made his living by trafficking women & children for the purposes of commercial sex.
Jacob worked as a trafficker for a crime syndicate in Johannesburg South Africa. We decided to release his story because of how raw it is. In this film, he speaks openly about his work as a brothel manager and he explains how syndicates all over the world operate as they exploit the weak and powerless. Most importantly, you’ll hear about the life transformation that’s taken place in Jacob’s life.
From trafficker to rescuer. Only in the Kingdom of God.
Jacob is living proof that when the Gospel changes the hearts of men; everything changes.
Get involved & Donate | unearthedpictures.org
- Michael Hyatt on How to shave 10 hours off your week. Such helpful stuff, I can attest that these do shave time off your week.
- Ron Edmondson on 7 suggestions for a pastor or pastor’s wife to find true friends. Great tips here as this is incredibly difficult.
- Relevant magazine on The friends with benefits epidemic. This will be one of topics we cover in week 3 of The Vow.
- How pornography and our culture’s view of sex has perpetuated sex trafficking. This is a fascinating article if you are a man, father, wife or raise a boy. Wow.
- What churches can learn from Starbucks.
- Trevin Wax on The book Erasing Hell. Sad that a book like this needs to be written to defend what Scriptures say about heaven, hell and eternity. But it is a helpful book on the topic.
- The Role of Vision Casting in Preaching. I was talking with D.J. about this the other day. Very few pastors understand the power they have when they preach in terms of leadership and vision casting. Their preaching sets the tone for the church.
- “Sexual Detox” is now available. This is a great little book on porn, sexuality from a man’s perspective. If you are struggling with porn, this is definitely worth picking up.
- Collide Magazine on Who do you create for. This is a great question that many worship leaders and pastors never ask, let alone answer. If you don’t know who will be in your audience this weekend, how do you know who you are speaking to, what their needs are and what and how you will need to communicate.
- Justin Holcomb on 12 ways to make your teaching and writing anti-Christian. Sadly many pastors and churches these.
- C.J. Mahaney on The humbling power of cross-centered thinking.
- Al Mohler on Christianity and Yoga. This was a really helpful and thorough article. I practice yoga, but don’t meditate or pray or look for energy when I do it, for me it is about stretching and staying limber as I grow older. According to Mohler, “I don’t do yoga, I do stretching.” It is a helpful distinction and I think Christians need to be aware of where yoga came from and what it is really all about and be careful, but I also don’t think that it is wrong for a Christian to practice yoga.
- Steven Furticks book Sun Stand Still is only $6.99 on amazon. This was one of the best books I read all year and easily one of the best on the topics of faith and prayer. If you want a book to challenge to have big faith, pray big prayers and believe in a big God, this is the book.
- I’m hoping that Apple will block the new iPhone “pimp” app. Read more about it here and how to tell Apple to block it. This would be disastrous for the fight against sex trafficking if they allowed this app to be put on the iPhone.
- Ben Roethlisberger is back at practice. This makes me so happy.
- Men’s Health 20 Best Weight loss tips. Many of these have helped me over the last 2 years lose over 100 pounds.
- Brian Houston on Building a great team.
- Mark Driscoll on How to become a legalist. It is not as hard as it sounds to become a legalist.
- Ray and Joni Ortlund (they are a 60 year old married couple) on How sex keeps getting better the longer you are married.
- A healthy marriage & kids on mission (this is a helpful video interview).
- Anne Jackson is in Russia with a team of people looking into sex trafficking and how we can fight against it. You can follow her blog posts here. It is horrifying the stories she is telling.