One of the things I love to do is dream about the future. I think one of the reasons many people don’t accomplish their dreams or do something great is because they don’t have dreams. We become our expectations and dreams. Without goals and dreams, we have nothing to shoot for, nothing that we are going after.
Here are some of the things I am excited about and/or hoping to accomplish in 2010. Some are things I started this year and will continue, others are brand new:
- Watching our kids grow up even more.
- Ava starts kindergarten in July, crazy we will have a 5 year old.
- Getting away just Katie and I. The longer we’re married, the more important this becomes.
- Preaching through Nehemiah (in the spring) and Philippians (in the fall) this year at Revolution. Still working out our other series, but those are the ones that we’re for sure planning on.
- Running a half marathon in March.
- Reading 52 books this year.
- Rev Up starting this year.
- Seeing God grow Revolution from 100 – 300 this year.
- Seeing our staff team grow.
- Give even more away at Revolution so that we can develop more leaders.
- Date night every week with Katie.
- Monthly daddy dates with each of our kids.
- Having only our house and student loans as debt in December, 2010.
- Reading through the Bible in a year. I started this last year and it was great. I use the message version that is already broken up by days.
- Preach 44 weekends this year. To stay fresh and not burn out, this is something older pastors have told me to plan for.
- Finish the lead pastor coaching network.
- Get into photography. Really excited about this. When I was in high school, I took some photography classes and loved them. Katie got me a camera for Christmas and someone gave me some really nice lenses for it. Really, really excited to get back into this. Watch for more pictures on the blog.
Those are just some of the things I am excited about accomlishing in 2010.
What are your goals?