Watched this great interview with Mark Driscoll today on the topics of preaching and sermon prep. If you preach, this is a great interview to watch. Lots of wisdom.
Links I Like is a collection of blogs, articles and books I’ve come across recently and thought they were worth sharing. Click here for past Links I Like.
- Brad Lomenick on 6 key lessons he learned in his 20’s. Good stuff.
- 7 things preachers can learn from Andy Stanley’s sermon to students.
- Brian Dodd on 10 ways to show pastors and leaders love.
- Brian Howard on 3 ways to be more productive as a pastor.
- Loneliness in leadership is a choice.
- Tim Challies on How far is too far.
Middle Class Problems
The Ragamuffin Trailer (interested to see this as I love Rich Mullins music)
- The biggest mistake church leaders make.
- Christianity Today shares The top 100 things people are giving up for Lent.
- Forbes Magazine on The 5 biggest mistakes Steve Jobs made. I love Steve Jobs. As a communicator and leader he made a ton of great choices and was extremely talented. This is a great post on what we can learn from his mistakes.
- Thom Rainer on 10 reflections of being a church consultant for a decade. Tons of wisdom here for church leaders.
- Daniel Darling on 5 things every son needs to hear from his dad and 5 things every daughter needs to hear from her dad. If you’re a parent, read and re-read these posts. Wow.
- Children and the culture of pornography. As a parent, this will be the most disturbing and sad thing you’ll read today. But read it, because it is real.
Drive Thru Invisible Driver Prank
I’m heading up to Phoenix this morning to speak to some lead pastors, small group pastors and other leaders.
I’m doing 2 talks on my own. One on self leadership and the other on what keeps us from reaching people. It is not what you think.
Then after lunch, I’m on a panel to discuss how churches can respond to the emerging culture and what we need to do and not do to be effective. Again, probably not what you think.