If you could change one thing in your life and you knew it would work and knew it would be the right thing, what would it be?
Everybody has something they want to change, something they wish were different.
It isn’t that we can’t think of something. Our problem even isn’t a problem of desire to change.
The problem for many people is that they change the wrong thing.
Sunday we are kicking off a brand new series on the book of Galatians called Change. We will be looking at Galatians 1:1 – 5 if you want to read ahead and looking at how Jesus rescues us. But to rescue us, we need to know what exactly he is rescuing us from. This is where many people run into problems: they aren’t sure they are a sinner, they aren’t sure what they would change, they aren’t sure what is broken in their life.
Here are a couple of things happening I want you to know about:
- Paul is teaching a new song this week called Grace so Glorious. This a powerful song that fits perfectly with our theme on Sunday and this series. Listen to it here and be ready to sing this powerful song.
- The Stations of the Cross is on Good Friday, April 18th from 6 – 7:30pm. This is a powerful night of considering the cross and what Jesus did in our place.
- We are having a baptism on Easter Sunday. If you have not taken this important step and would like to, or if you have questions about it, you can go here.
- Be inviting people for Easter. Shoot them a text, make a call, an email (send them this), or send them an invite on Facebook.
Lastly, we are praying that Easter will be packed. This is a good thing because that means more people hear about the saving good news of Jesus.
Because of this, we want to make room in our parking lot for them by doing a couple of things:
- Carpool if you can.
- If you volunteer and arrive early, park on the east side of the school to open up more spots in the main parking lot.
- You can also park on Keesal Ave., east of the school.
Remember, we meet at 10am on Sunday mornings at 8300 E Speedway Blvd.