Easter is next week. Here are 10 ways you can help make it great this year at Revolution:
- Don’t miss Easter. Easter is April 20th, next Sunday. At Revolution, we are starting a brand new series Change on the book of Galatians. On Easter, we will be looking at how the first step to change is to be rescued from what is broken in our lives, what needs to be changed.
- Don’t miss Good Friday. On Good Friday we walk the stations of the cross to come face to face with the cross of Jesus and the sacrifice made to purchase our salvation and to right all the wrongs of the world.
- Join our prayer challenge. This year, we laid down the challenge to pray 30 minutes a day during the week of Easter. So far, 75 people have taken the challenge. If you want to join in, email Ciara Hull and we’ll send you an email each day with things to pray for Revolution, our city and other churches about.
- Invite someone. Stats say that most Americans would go to church if someone invited them. So, grab an invite card this Sunday, share a link on Facebook or twitter, send an email, shoot out a text, make a call, show up at their house and drag them to church or at least bribe them with lunch. Put invite them.
- Serve somewhere on Sunday morning. Every week, Revolution happens because everyone plays a part. As we continue to grow, this is even more important. At Revolution, there’s for everyone to play and lots of help is needed. If you aren’t sure where to serve, email Ciara Hull and we’ll get you plugged in.
- Pray some more.
- Get baptized. What a better way to celebrate Easter than getting baptized. If you are a new follower of Jesus or have never been baptized, you can sign up here.
- Be friendly on Sunday morning. We will have tons of guests on Easter Sunday and many of them have had a bad church experience, are nervous, think Christians are unfriendly. Prove them wrong. Have a smile on your face. Say hi to them. If you see someone who looks lost, ask if you can help. If they don’t know where something is, show them, don’t point the way, walk them to where they need to go.
- Pray again.
- Take time to remember, thank and worship Jesus. In the bustle of Easter, having family and friends get together, serving, praying, it is easy to forget that we celebrate and remember a Savior and King who died in our place and rose from the dead. Take time to do that this week.
Thanks to Mars Hill Church for this blog idea.