This week, we will once again look at the life of Samson and see from Judges 14:1 – 10 why we often do the exact opposite of what we want to do and why that is. Why many struggle to let go of negative emotions, why we fail to beat addictions and sins and why so many of us feel chained to something that controls us.
On a weekly basis I will have heartbreaking conversation after conversation that goes like this:
- I can’t stop buying things I can’t afford.
- I can’t stop eating.
- I can’t stop looking in the mirror.
- I can’t stop thinking about that woman or man.
- I can’t stop looking at porn.
- I can’t stop getting angry.
- I can’t stop being not trusting people.
- I can’t stop trusting people too soon.
- I can’t be alone.
- I can’t let go of that person.
- I can’t stop hating that person.
- I can’t trust my spouse.
- I can’t give myself to my spouse.
- I can’t stop sleeping with my boyfriend.
At the end, they will look at me (often with tears in their eyes) and say, “What is wrong with me? Why can’t I be free from this?”
That’s what we’ll answer this week.
If you or someone you know struggles with a sin, addiction, temptation or being able to live a free life, this is a great week to bring them to Revolution (seriously, how we are ending the service is going to be so powerful you don’t want to miss it).
Remember, we meet at 10am on Sunday mornings at 8300 E Speedway Blvd.