Paul and I are spending the day learning about church multiplication and multi-site with Geoff Surratt. Really excited about today as we are looking towards church planting in the future of Revolution Church.
Here are some notes from the third session:
What should a multi-site church reproduce:
- What do you value?
- What are you uniquely good at?
- What is reproducible?
- What is non-essential?
- The more you reproduce, the harder it is and the more it costs.
- What model are we going to use?
- The model you are going to use will determine what you will need to spend.
- How many will we launch?
- What are our financial expectations?
Two views of operating budgets of multi-site churches
- Shared Purse: From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.
- Capitalism: Each church lives on its own income.
- What are the irreducible minimums?
- What is up to individual leaders?
- Are you a high accountability church or a control church?