Paul and I are spending the day learning about church multiplication and multi-site with Geoff Surratt. Really excited about today as we are looking towards church planting in the future of Revolution Church.
Here are some notes from the second session:
Could multi-site work for you? (The following stats are from Leadership Network)
- Campuses grow faster than autonomous church plants.
- Campuses have a greater evangelistic impact than church plants.
Questions a church must ask before going multi-site:
- How healthy is your church?
- Is your church growing?
- Are people finding Jesus through your church?
- Are disciples being made?
- Are people excited about inviting their friends and family?
- What is the driving impetus behind going multi-site?
- Are key leaders onboard?
Keys to successful multi-site
- Start with a compelling vision
- Choose the right campus pastor (visionary leader from the second chair, owner’s work ethic, a great communicator, a self starter)
- A campus pastor is a great communicator, a preaching pastor is a gifted communicator.
- What will sink a campus pastor?
- He is not approachable, he is unmotivated, he is a responder instead of an initiator.
- Create a compelling experience
- Whatever your DNA is, you must keep it across the board.
- Embrace a one church philosophy
- Every church needs to be treated the same and gets the same finances and staff as everyone else.
- Go all in.
- At some point, there is no turning back as a church.