In his book The Catalyst Leader, Brad Lomenick lists some great questions to ask as you discern God’s will and God’s call on your life:
- What are your passions and gifts? At the intersection of these two elements, you’ll find your purpose in life.
- What would you work on or want to do for free? That is usually a good sign of what God has designed you to do.
- What energized you when you were a child? Does it still animate you? Knowing your calling is often directly connected to childhood passions and gifts.
- If you could do anything and take a pay cut, what would that be? You may have to blow up your financial goals in order to pursue your true calling.
- What barriers are preventing you from pursuing your true calling? Can you begin removing those?
- If you aren’t engaging your gifts and talents where you find yourself now, could you make changes in your current role to better engage those? Don’t rule out the possibility that where you are is where you need to be.