I thought I’d share a few quick things I’m thankful for:
- My wife. I still can’t believe how blessed I am to have Katie in my life. Hard to believe that we are celebrating our 17th thanksgiving together, 10 of those in marriage. Each year, she gets more and more beautiful, and our marriage gets sweeter and sweeter. I could not ask for a better wife.
- My kids. This year, I have 4. Last thanksgiving, Nehemiah wasn’t even on our radar, but now he’s celebrating his first thanksgiving. I love the laughter of my kids, their imaginations, their energy and how they keep me on my toes. Being a father is truly one of my life’s greatest blessings.
- A new house. We moved last month and couldn’t be happier in our new house. We have more room for our family and having people over, and we’re closer to our friends, church and where we do life.
- Completing a dream. I’ve always dreamed of writing a book. This year, I decided by the end of the year I would know if that dream would become a reality. I’m close to knowing and it looks really good.
- My church. Most church plants do not reach the place Revolution is, and I’m thankful for where we are. Our team is stronger than ever, our church is picking up steam and God is doing some incredible things in the life of people. We’ve seen 5 people start following Jesus in the last month.
- My friends. Last night, we had several friends over and will have more over today. I know many pastors do not have any friends at their church, and I’m blessed to have many. I’m thankful for the friends I have, because several of them are becoming lifetime friends.
- My health. It’s crazy to think that 5 years ago, I weighed 130 pounds heavier than I do now. I can’t imagine going back to that body and lifestyle. I’m grateful that at 33, I’m in the best shape of my life and feel great.
- Today. We grill our turkey, hang with friends, watch a lot of football and eat too much crab dip. Thankful for those things.
What are you thankful for?