Tonight, we kicked off our series on the book of James and looked at trials and storms in life. I shared 8 reasons why God allows trials in our lives:
- To test the strength of faith.
- Trials are given to humble us, to remind us not to let our trust in God turn into presumption or spiritual self-satisfaction.
- God allows us to suffer trials in order to wean us from our dependence on worldly things.
- God allows trials to call us to eternal and heavenly hope.
- Trials reveal what we love.
- Trials teach us to value God’s blessings.
- God uses trials to develop us with enduring strength for greater usefulness.
- God uses trials to enable us to better help others in their trials.