When it comes faith and following Jesus, fighting is not something that often comes to mind. Yet, Scripture makes it very clear that to make it to the end of our lives and still be faithful and following Jesus, we must have the mentality of an Ultimate Fighter.
For the next few weeks, we will be going through the book of 2 Timothy and looking at how you follow Jesus in the midst of pain, suffering, when life doesn’t make sense, how you have faith when the world around you seems to be caving in. We will also be looking at whether there is a point to the pain in our lives and what the gospel has to say about those things.
The series looks like this:
- August 21: Fight for Courage (2 Timothy 1:1 – 18)
- August 28: Fight with Focus (2 Timothy 2:1 – 13)
- September 4: Fight for Righteousness (2 Timothy 2:14 – 26)
- September 11: Fight Your Flesh (2 Timothy 3:1 – 9)
- September 18: Fight with the Sword (2 Timothy 3:10 – 4:5)
- September 25: Fight to the End (2 Timothy 4:6 – 22)
We look forward to seeing you on a Saturday night real soon.
To download a copy of the 2 Timothy study guide, go here.
To invite a friend using our e-invite, go here