This fall, we are preaching line by line through the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5 – 7). It is Jesus’ longest recorded sermon and covers everything from heaven, hell, marriage, money, prayer, fasting, forgiveness, and what it means to follow Jesus.
To go through this sermon, we are breaking it into 4 smaller series. The third series is called How to be Rich.
Now, before you get confused, the series is called How to be rich not, How to get rich. There is a big difference.
How do you define being rich? Is it simply about having a larger house, 401K, boat, cars? What if you have all of those, more than anyone else, will you be rich? What if you have all of those and are poorer than everyone who has less than you when it comes to stuff?
So, what does it mean to be rich?
That’s what we’ll be looking at in this series as try to uncover “How to be rich”:
- November 7: Who’s on First? (Matthew 6:1 – 4)
- November 14: What do we Want from our Money? (Matthew 6:5 – 15)
- November 21: Finding Freedom (Matthew 6:16 – 18)
- November 28: He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins (Matthew 6:19 – 24)
- December 5: Worrying About Making it Through the Month (Matthew 6:25 – 34)